HND Business (UCAS code 2Y1V)
The objectives of the BTEC Higher Nationals in Business are as follows:
- To equip students with business skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global business environment.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in business, including management, administration, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance.
- To provide insight and understanding into international business operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a globalised market place.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in business, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in business or a related area.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To provide opportunities for those students with a global outlook to aspire to international career pathways
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification.
- To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field.
- To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations. We meet these objectives by:
- Providing a thorough grounding in business principles at Level 4 that leads the student to a range of specialist progression pathways at Level 5 relating to individual professions within the business sector.
- Equipping individuals with commercial acumen, understanding and business skills for success in a range of administrative and management roles in business.
- Enabling progression to a university degree by supporting the development of appropriate academic study skills.
- Enabling progression to further professional qualifications in specific business areas by mapping to units in a range of professional business qualifications.